Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy lists items and services that FasterPay prohibits in connection with our services. It applies to any person or entity, which uses the FasterPay payment services or e-wallet service and any transactions that FasterPay may process. In limited instances, specific businesses in come of these categories, excepting illegal items and activities, may operate using FasterPay’s services after receiving direct and express permission from us. This policy and list of prohibited items and activities may be modified at any time. Any changes made to this policy are unilateral. By using the FasterPay services, you are agreeing to this the Acceptable Use Policy, and you also agree that you are expected to check this policy from time to time to take notice of any possible modifications.
If FasterPay believes or suspects that any transaction, person, or entity violates this policy, or is otherwise illegal or unsuitable as per our judgment, FasterPay may take any corrective action it deems appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, blocking the transaction, suspending or restricting use of FasterPay’s services, holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction, terminating the accounts of violators, and taking legal action. Any violation of this policy should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prohibited Items and Activities
Generally speaking, FasterPay prohibits all of the products and services listed below. However, on a case-by-case basis, exceptions to this policy may be allowed provided that the FasterPay team believes there is a minimal risk of money laundering or terrorism financing, that the product or service is otherwise within the Acceptable Use Policy guidelines, and if the merchant is well established and known. While FasterPay may choose to allow exceptions to this policy, FasterPay will in all cases uphold and follow all applicable regulations and ensure its abidance to appropriate requirements.
- Adult Content and Services: includes pornography and other obscene materials, including literature, images, hentai, sexually related services such as prostitution, escort services, mail-order brides, adult live chats, and adult phone service.
- Airlines: includes air transport services for traveling passengers and freight and aircraft rent of any kind.
- Alcohol: includes the sale of beer, liquor, or wine conducted over the Internet or mail order.
- Collection Agencies: includes businesses that collect otherwise uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit Services: includes credit repair services, credit protection, and identity theft protection services.
- Documents: includes real or replica uniforms for military, security, or law enforcement, identification documents, birth certificates, passports, licenses, or tags.
- Donations and Charitable Solicitations: includes charities and non-profit organizations without a valid 50(c)(3) tax-exempt status, charitable solicitations, and commercial fundraisers.
- Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Regulated Dietary Supplements: includes illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, online or mail order pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and prescription devices. Marijuana and Cannabidiol products are also prohibited, regardless of whether legal within a given jurisdiction.
- Financial Intermediaries and Money Services Businesses: includes online auctions, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters, check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services, payday lending, escrow services, and sellers of money orders or travelers checks.
- “Get Rich” Businesses: includes any product or service where a prize is guaranteed, information guides, warranty fees, mortgage reduction services, and where promises of future guaranteed results are made.
- Hazardous Materials: includes any item or chemical which can pose a risk to public safety or the environment and which is regulated by any safety guidelines for the protection of the public.
- High Value Electronics: includes the sale or resale of high value laptops, mobile phones, smartphones, televisions, and other high value electronic devices without express licensing permission by the original manufacturer.
- High Value Jewelry: includes the sale or resale of high value earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings and other high value jewelry items without the express permission by the designer and/or manufacturer.
- Illegal Items or Activities: includes any good or service that violates any jurisdictional regulation or which would be offensive to others. This can but is not limited to stolen goods, cable descramblers, human body parts, endangered species, slanderous materials, and other items that are inappropriate in connection with our services.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: includes products or services that directly infringe or facilitates the infringement upon the trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets, or proprietary or privacy rights of music, movies, television shows, clothing, cosmetics, or other licensed materials.
- Multi Level Marketing: includes telemarketing, pyramid schemes, email spam, infomercials, network and rebate-based businesses.
- Miracle Cures: any health or nutritional product, service, and remedy, which offers a guaranteed result.
- No-value added services: includes the sale or resale of a product or service without any added benefit to the consumer.
- Perishable Products: includes the sale of items with a defined and limited shelf life, or which is likely to die or decay. Examples include fresh meat, fish, dairy, fruit, vegetables, flowers, plants, crops, and seeds.
- Phone Services: includes 800 or 900 phone services, audio text services, prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Regulated Services: includes bail bonds, bankruptcy attorneys, investment services, real estate, and security brokers.
- Remote Support: includes the offer of services where the consumer must give remote access to their computer or other device to initiate or complete their purchase, or in order for the purchased service to be provided.
- Server Testing: includes the offering of services or tools to protect against DDoS attacks or firewall testing tools.
- Smoking and Tobacco Products: includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, e-liquid products for use in smoking devices, and other tobacco products.
- Social Media Likes/Follows: includes services where likes, posts, comments, subscribers, or followers can be purchased for a fee.
- Time Share Services: includes the offer of purchase, rental, or selling of vacation property with a divided form of ownership or use rights, wherein multiple parties hold rights to use the same property with each party having an allocated usage period.
By using the FasterPay service, you agree and accept to follow these guidelines at all times, including the specified penalties for misusing FasterPay Services. You also accept and agree that FasterPay will not be liable for any actions taken in response for breaches of this acceptable use policy.
Updated July 23, 2019