FasterPay is committed to safeguarding the information of the individuals who interact with its service, and ensuring that your information is used fairly and with your full understanding of how we’ll use it. This policy describes our practices in detail, but in general, here is what you need to know:
- We collect information you enter while using the FasterPay service, information you provide to the merchants who have partnered with us, and information collected pursuant to our Cookies Policy. We also track your IP addresses and information about the devices you use when accessing our services.
- We use the information we collect to process transactions you have initiated through our service, verify your identity, and carry out our legal and contractual obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering on our service.
- We may disclose information we gain during your use of the FasterPay service to your bank, our third party partners to the extent necessary to provide our services, or to law enforcement upon receipt of a valid legal request.
More information about our collection, use and disclosure of your information can be found in the sections below.
We will gather personal information about you under the following circumstances:
- When you access our website or visit a page that integrates our service: Our service gathers information automatically transmitted from the device(s) you use to access our website or the sites integrating our service, such as your IP address, unique device identifier, browser information, and system (e.g., operating system) information. This information, alone or combined with other information, may allow you to be identified.
- When you use Passport.io to sign up for a FasterPay account: Any information you provide to Passport.io during the process of signing up for an account will be transmitted to us. This includes copies of any identity verification documents, as well as your first and last name and email.
- When you complete a transaction using our service: During the course of a transaction, you will be prompted to enter certain information about yourself if you have not already provided it as part of the account creation process. This information may include your full name, address, date of birth, and details about the payment method you are using.
- When it is provided to us by third party sources in connection with your use of our service: Merchants affiliated with FasterPay may send us any information you have provided them, including your personal details (e.g., name, contact information) and details regarding your past and current purchases and activity on their site. Additionally, we may receive information about you from the provider of the payment method you use on our service to the extent such information is necessary to process your transaction, or if it later becomes necessary during an investigation into fraudulent or otherwise suspicious transactions.
- When you communicate with our customer support team: If you initiate communication with our customer support team, you will be prompted to provide additional information about yourself and your transaction. Additionally, our customer support team may contact you to request further proof of personal identity, such as a new or updated picture of a legal identification document, in order to ensure your transaction is valid or to the extent it otherwise may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations as a financial institution.
Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to use our service, and we do not knowingly collect or use any information from children or other individuals legally prohibited from using our website. To the extent you believe we have collected any information from children, please notify us immediately so we can take appropriate measures, including by promptly deleting it to the extent we are permitted to do so by law.
We only use your data for the following reasons:
- To offer the FasterPay service: We will use your personal information as necessary to provide the FasterPay service, including to the extent necessary to process the transaction you initiated, verify your identity, authenticate your access of a FasterPay account, and communicate with you about the service.
- To manage risk and protect you, the site and the FasterPay service: Fraud prevention is a critical part of providing payment services, and we use your information to help us detect and prevent fraud.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including all applicable anti-money laundering laws, anti-terrorist financing laws, financial services regulations, and our contractual obligations to the third party partners who provide or help to provide any payment method(s) you use on our service.
- For our other legitimate business needs: We may need to use your personal information in order to enforce our contracts and terms of service and monitor activity on the site.
Your data may be disclosed to third parties in any or all of the following circumstances. Because your privacy is important to us, we have taken measures to ensure that all of the entities we share your information with have implemented strong data privacy and data protection practices of a level comparable to that which we employ.
- When our affiliates need it to help provide the FasterPay service: FasterPay has affiliates around the world that assist it in providing the FasterPay service. We may provide your information to these affiliates for any of the purposes we would ourselves use your information, including carrying out the transaction you requested, preventing fraud or illegal activity, and enforcing our terms and conditions.
- When our payment partners need it to process a transaction you initiated: We have contracts with banks and other third party financial institutions for every payment method we offer on our service. When you authorize a transaction, we will transmit to the relevant third party any information they require to process this transaction. What information is required will vary by payment type, but may include your name, address, and details of the purchase you are attempting to make.
- When our merchants need it to process a transaction you initiated: Where necessary, we will share certain information about you with our third party merchants to help facilitate the transactions. This data will never include your sensitive payment details (such as credit card number).
- When other third parties that provide us with services related to the FasterPay service require it in order to provide the services, such as our server hosting providers and independent auditors we engage for the purposes of analyzing our compliance with the law or relevant independent standards.
- To the extent required by law: We will share your information with third parties to the extent we are required to do so by law. For example, we are required by law to undergo certain routine audits, which may require us to share your information with the third party auditors we have engaged in relation to these requirements. Additionally, we may have to disclose your information when we receive a valid subpoena or other law enforcement request, or when the law requires us to affirmatively notify law enforcement in order to prevent harm or illegal activity. The necessity of all such disclosures will be determined in our sole discretion. For more information on our procedures related to legal requests, please contact email@example.com.
- To the extent our legitimate business interests require us to do so, for example by transmitting it to our third party partners for inclusion on their blacklists or lists of terminated merchants, to help us engage in our fraud reduction efforts, to support our corporate governance activities or facilitate the sale or other transfer of all or part of our business, or to protect us or our service.
We are required to retain many types of your personal information by law, often for a period of several years. We may additionally retain your information for a longer period than is required by law to the extent it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (for instance, we may retain it to prevent fraud on our service) and is not otherwise prohibited by law.
We use servers located in the United States and the European Union to store personal information gathered by the FasterPay service. Additionally, to the extent we transfer your information to a third party, including our affiliates, as described in this policy, these third parties may be located outside our usual business location and your country of residence. In all such cases, data transfers will be carried out only after we ensure the third party provides comparable levels of data protection and that they will use your information only for the purposes set out in this policy.
End User Questions and Access
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our privacy practices via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users located in the EU: To exercise your right of data access, correction, or deletion, please send the privacy request form to email@example.com, though in all cases we may not be able to comply where we are prohibited from doing so by other legal obligations. Note that photo identification may be required in order to grant an individual access to their requested personal information. For further questions and concerns, you may reach our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the way we resolve your inquiries, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection located in your country of residence.
Protection of your Personal Information
We follow strict procedures to ensure that your personal and financial information remain secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place stringent and up to date procedures to protect your information online.
We use secure socket layer (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal and financial information during transactional processes. We also perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. We are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
Payments Safety and Security
FasterPay’s goal is to provide you with a safe and convenient online checkout experience. We always protect the security of your information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for each transmission that encrypts the information you input. All purchases made via a credit card or alternative direct payment must use an SSL-enabled browser. Using SSL-enabled browsers better protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is being transmitted over the Internet. When you enter sensitive information (such as e-wallet account details, mobile number, credit card number or your password) and place an order online, we encrypt that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that is the approved industry standard.
Users can check the security of their internet connection by looking at address bar of your browser window as you place your order online. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, then the SSL is active and the server is secure. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https". For credit card transactions, we will securely transmit the entire credit card number to be processed by the credit card company. We will only reveal the last 4 digits of your credit card number when printing an order confirmation. For security purposes we do not keep or store your credit card information as it is only used to complete the secure transaction. Your credit card number and other sensitive information will not be stored after the transaction is complete to help protect your credit card information. To further protect against unauthorized access to your account and to your computer, be sure to sign off when finished.
Fasterpay Ltd does not send unsolicited e-mails to private addresses or to anyone who has asked to remove from all Fasterpay Ltd email lists. Any newsletters that we send are only sent to those who have subscribed to them. To stop receiving e-mails or newsletters from FasterPay, click on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail or newsletter.
Fasterpay Ltd User Info
Fasterpay Ltd does not and will not, at any time, request your full credit card information, your account ID and password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited email or through telephone communication. Please never disclose your passwords for any reason.
167 City Road, London, Greater London,
United Kingdom, EC1V 1AW
You may reach us via e-mail at email@example.com